Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Prepping for the Video Shoots

I haven’t posted to the blog as much as I had intended over the last few days. There are a myriad of very good reasons. I was slightly overwhelmed getting ready for the radio show last week. My wife was out of town for half of the week and all of the weekend, leaving me as Mr. Mom. And to top it all off, there was a birthday party right in the middle of the Texans-Cowboys game! There is nothing quite like a Dad taking two girls to a princess birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I felt so out of place! What time was left after training clients was spent filling out application upon application for continuing education credits for The BKS Golf Fitness Boot Camp TM Instructor’s Course.

The best reason however was that I finalized plans to begin shooting videos for the Boot Camp and 2 Balls programs. This will begin just before Thanksgiving and be done the first week of December. This means two things for you. First, DVD’s of these programs will be available by Christmas. Second, my online Golf Fitness Boot Camp will really start to take off. So if you’re looking for a Christmas gift for you or someone else, this will do the trick!

Something else this means for you is the following. Since my neck injury I haven’t been able to workout. I’m still not 100%; I can’t lift anything overhead for example. But I’m getting better all the time. Since I haven’t been able to workout (much less play golf), I’ve really felt like a slug.

That is all about to change.

With the video shoot looming and me wanting to represent myself on film respectably, I’m beginning a 5-week trek to get myself back in the groove. I’ve got to be able to perform those advanced exercises, right?

Each and every day I will post my food diary and workout routines to this blog, which means I will post at least one entry every day. The food diaries will contain every morsel of food that I consume, including the times and whether it was a meal or a snack. The workout logs will include my workout routine for the day and will include select exercise pictures. I will also dialogue a bit regarding the workout to give you a sense of my perceptions regarding intensity and feel of the session.

So I’m going to encourage you to do two things. First, take this 5-week trek with me. Take note of the foods I’m eating (it dovetails nicely with the new nutrition series in the newsletter) and make some changes in your diet, too. You won’t have to eat what I’m eating but if you get close, you’ll get better. Also, incorporate some of the routines that I do into your own fitness regimen. Again, you don’t have to work as hard as I’ll work or do the same things but if you get close, you’ll see results.

As we go through the next 5-weeks, I encourage you to post your comments and thoughts along the way. It will keep me going and help those reading.

See you later today when I post my food diary and workout routine.

Brian

No comments: